Some Of The Tips For Preventing Sexually transmitted infections
According to VeryWellHealth, it is not always easy to prevent getting a urinary tract infection, but there are some steps to take to help lower the risk of getting one through intercourse, particularly if you are a woman. Some of the tips for preventing infections acquired through unprotected intercourse are:
1. Clean your genital and anal areas before and after having intercourse. Ensure to wipe from front to back to avoid spreading bacteria from the anus to the female organ.
2. Take plenty of water before intercourse and just after intercourse to better make sure you can pass out urine.
3. Avoid using a diaphragm if you are liable to urinary tract infections as it can attract bacteria into the female organ.
4. Do away with spermicides which can irritate and further weaken mucosal tissues of the urethra.
5. The risk of any infection acquired through intercourse, whether a urinary tract infection or sexually transmitted infection (STI), can be lessened by reducing your number of intercourse partners. In doing so, you are less liable to microorganisms that lead to urinary tract infections and STIs.
6. To further avoid STIs, use protection appropriately and consistently. There is also a vaccine that can avoid human papillomavirus and a daily drug therapy called pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) that can dramatically reduce your odds of getting HIV.
Content created and supplied by: Betatalkz (via Opera
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform